We are officially a few days away from Thanksgiving! I’m not ready for pumpkin season to be over, but I’m extremely ready for the holiday season. I made pumpkin pie truffles over this past weekend. I wanted to make sure I had as much pumpkin as possible before Thanksgiving. They were a huge hit. David didn’t like them, but he doesn’t count. He hates sweets. Since they were so popular, I decided to share them with you.
Pumpkin Spice Truffles
To start out, I put 9 graham cracker sheets in my food processor, and pulsed until they were a ground up finely.
I removed the graham crackers, and added the pumpkin, cream cheese, and pumpkin spice. I pulsed that until completely combined, and then added the graham crackers back in. I saved a little bit to put on top of the truffles, and I mixed that with ground roasted cinnamon. I pulsed that until smooth.
I added the mixture into a bowl, and put it in to the freezer for 30 minutes to make the mixture easier to roll.
After the 30 minutes I rolled them into balls. Okay, I totally slacked here, and forgot to take pictures of the mixture once I rolled it into balls. After I rolled them into balls, I stuck them back into the freezer for 90 minutes. Once they were ready I melted the chocolate, and rolled the balls in the chocolate. Before they set I sprinkled the cinnamon graham cracker crumb mixture.
Have you ever made truffles?
What is your favorite fall recipe?
- 9 Graham Crackers
- 1 C Pumpkin Puree
- 3 oz Cream Cheese
- 1 tsp Pumpkin Spice
- Wilton's White Candy Melts
- Ground Roasted Cinnamon (optional)
- Put graham crackers into a food processor, pulse until a finely ground. Remove from food processor.
- Combine pumpkin puree, cream cheese, and pumpkin spice in food processor.
- Add graham crackers back into food processor, save some for topping, combine until smooth.
- Mix graham crackers and a sprinkle of ground roasted cinnamon.
- Add mixture to bowl and freeze for around 30 minutes.
- Roll into balls, put back into freezer for 90 minutes.
- Once balls are ready, melt chocolate.
- Cover truffle balls in chocolate, before fully set add cinnamon graham cracker mixture.