I’ve been in a rut recently, and decided to make a special treat for my family as a thank you for everything they do. Even my little ones do more for me than they even realize. I decided to break out my Great American Home Baking book and find something that was easy & sweet. I decided on the Graham Cracker Toffee. Of course I had to edit the recipe slightly to how I wanted to make it. It was a hit though! It definitely is sweet, so I hope you have a sweet tooth.
First things first, I gathered all my ingredients. The only thing I didn’t gather was the water.
I started by lining my baking sheet, and adding the graham crackers.
Next I combined the butter, brown sugar, salt, and water in a pot. I brought it to a boil.
Once the toffee mixture has boiled, I drizzled & spread it over the graham crackers. I put that to bake for 20 minutes.
Once out of the oven I put the chocolate chips on the hot toffee graham crackers, once they melted I spread them to completely cover the graham crackers. Followed by adding the sprinkles.
I let that set, broke it into pieces, and let my family try them! I’m glad it was a success!
If you’d like to try my favorite buttercream I’ve made click here!
Let me know if you try this! I’d love to know what you think!
- 9 Graham Crackers
- 1/2 C Butter
- 1/2 C Brown Sugar
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 2 C Chocolate Chips
- 2 tbsp Water
- Preheat oven to 325 F
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Line up graham crackers on baking sheet
- Combine brown sugar, butter, salt, and, water in a pot. Melt over medium-low heat until the sugar has completely dissolved and the mixture is boiling
- Quickly pour over graham crackers, and spread evenly
- Bake in oven until golden, about 20 minutes
- Remove from oven and and sprinkle chocolate chips over graham crackers. Once chips melt spread the chocolate to cover completely.
- Add sprinkles while chocolate is still warm
- Let set, break into pieces, and serve