It’s day 11 of blogmas. We’re a day or two until we’re half way to Christmas! One of my favorite things to make during the holiday season is muddy buddies. Usually I only make the original kind, but this year I want to change it up. I decided to make peppermint hot cocoa muddy buddies. I think I’m going to make a bunch more to put in cute little bags for David’s coworkers.
Peppermint Hot Cocoa Muddy Buddies
The first thing I did was add the Chex into a large bowl.
Next, I put both the chocolate chips and peppermint chunks into a microwave safe bowl. I melted them in the microwave by doing 30 second increments at half power. Making sure to mix in between each increment. It took about 90 seconds in total.
I coated the Chex completely, and then added the chocolate covered Chex into a Ziploc bag. To that I add the powdered sugar and hot chocolate packets. I shook the bag until everything was no longer wet, and was all coated completely.
I put it into a bowl, and added in the marshmallows.
Once added, I tossed it all together.
You can check out the rest of Blogmas here.
What’s your favorite holiday treat to make?
- 4 C Rice Chex
- 1/2 C Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 C Ghirardelli Peppermint Chunks
- 1/2 C Powdered Sugar
- 5 Hot Cocoa Packets
- 1 C Mini Mashmallows
- Add Chex to a large bowl.
- Melt chocolate chips & peppermint chunks together.
- Coat Chex with chocolate mixture. Make sure it's evenly coated.
- Add Chex mixture to a ziploc bag and add in powdered sugar and hot cocoa packets.
- Shake until no longer wet and sticky.
- Add to the container you want to use and top with marshmallows.