Welcome to day 7 of Blogmas! I decided to break up the gift guides with a delicious recipe post. Personally, I think ice cream is delicious any time of the year, and it goes great with all of the baking that I do. I found this recipe for no churn ice cream, and had to try it. I added my own spin by turning it into a holiday inspired ice cream. Instead of plain vanilla this is no churn apple crumble ice cream! I took the apple filling and crumble from my mini individual apple crumble pies and halved it for this recipe.
What I Used:
This post contains affiliate links. I may earn a small commission off of your purchase at no additional cost to you.
No Churn Apple Crumble Ice Cream
First things first I preheated my oven to 350 for my crumble. Next, I started making my apple mixture on the stove. I melted the butter and added my chopped apples, cinnamon, nutmeg, and sugar. They cooked on medium heat until soft. I let those cool completely. While the apples were cooling, I started on my crumble. I whisked flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a bowl. I topped that with my butter pieces and rubbed together until a wet sand consistency was left. The crumble was added to a baking sheet and baked until golden brown. That took around 5-7 minutes. I let the crumble cool completely as well.
One my apple mixture and crumble were both completely cooled I made my ice cream base. I mixed sweetened
condensed milk, heavy cream, vanilla, and salt into my blended. Once fully combined, I added it to my Tupperware.
I added the apple filling and crumble to the ice cream base, and lightly mixed it all together.
I put the ice cream into the freezer for around 4 hours, and it was ready to go.
Have you ever made no churn ice cream?
What’s your favorite ice cream flavor?
- 1 Can (14 oz) Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 C Heavy Cream
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 TBSP Butter
- 2 Granny Smith Apples; peeled, cored, and chopped small
- 1/2 C Sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 C All Purpose Flour
- 1/8 C Brown Sugar
- 1/8 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 2 TBSP Butter; chilled & cut into pieces
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Melt butter in pan on medium heat. Add the rest of the apple filling ingredients. Cook until soft, stir frequently. Let it cool completely.
- Whisk flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon together in a bowl. Scatter butter pieces on top, and rub into flour mixture until is resembles wet sand. Put into oven for about 5-7 minutes until crumble is golden. Take out and cool completely.
- In a blender mix together sweetened condensed milk, heavy cream, vanilla, and salt. Blend until thoroughly combined.
- Add ice cream base into a large Tupperware. Add in apple filling and crumble. Mix lightly.
- Cover and freeze for around 4-5 hours.