DJ recently had his 5th birthday party, and it was Minecraft themed. One of the snacks that I made for the birthday party I named Rice Creeper Treats. They were pretty simple to make, and were such a huge hit. I wanted to share them with you to make for a Minecraft loving child in your life.
The first thing I did was melt the butter and marshmallow together. Once it was all melted and gooey I added in several drops of green food coloring until it was a bright green color. After the marshmallow was green I mixed in all the Rice Krispie cereal. It wasn’t as green as I’d hoped, so I added more green food coloring as a mixed everything all together. Once it was the color I wanted, I put the green rice krispie treats into a Pam-ed and parchment paper line baking pan. I left them in the fridge for a couple hours.
Once the Rice Creeper Treats were cooled, I cut them into large squares and carefully drew the creeper faces on using black icing. This was definitely the most time consuming part. Honestly, I am actually surprised by how well they came out.
Hopefully, the children in your life love them as much as the children in mine did.
Don’t forget to check out DJ’s Minecraft party!
Let me know in the comments if you make this recipe.
- 3 tbsp butter
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispie cereal
- Green Food Color
- Black Icing
- In a large pot melt butter over low heat, add marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
- Add green food coloring until a bright green shade.
- Add rice krispie cereal and stir, adding in more food coloring to coat entire thing.
- Add mixture into parchment paper lined and pam-ed baking sheet.
- Cool in fridge for 1-2 hours.
- Cut into large squares, and draw creeper faces.